If you’re looking for the perfect stocking stuffer, turn to ChapStick! ChapStick has great holiday collector’s tins and ornament tins that look cute, festive, and are perfect gifts for your friends and family! Gingerbread Kiss, a new ChapStick flavor, and Candy Cane are my favorites and go great with the holiday season!
You can find the ornament tins at Target for a limited time and the individual flavors at drug stores nationwide. The holiday tins can be found at Target, Walmart, and Walgreens for a limited time. Enjoy the holiday season and keep your lips festive and nourished with ChapStick!
Disclosure: The Chapstick product and information have been provided by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. The opinions are my own.
We had an amazing graduation weekend! So many friends & family were with us to celebrate Maddie. it was FUN! I wanted to share a fun little project that my girlfriend and I put together for Maddie’s party. I wanted a unique sign in for our guests – something that could be used or displayed later. I came up with the idea of making a canvas with the logo of her new University on it (go Bulldogs!). I painted the canvas and my friend Tonya created the mascot with her silhouette machine. It turned out super cute and the guests had a great time signing it.
Here is the before:
And the after:
Hey KatyShops readers! It’s Maddie! Last weekend was my first (and last) prom! I was out of town for my junior prom, but I decided to go this year. The only thing is, I didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on one night, especially when I have college coming up and graduation weekend, not to mention the presents I have to buy for birthdays, graduations, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day. So, I found a way to do prom under $100. Now, this doesn’t count the whole prom experience; I can’t advise anyone on how to do the whole experience–outfit, tickets, dinner, limo–for under $100.
The grand total is (drum roll, please): $87.85!
Here are my prom under $100 tips:
- Do your own hair! I just straightened mine and pinned my bangs back, but if you want something fancier, curl it or style an up-do. Styling your own hair isn’t hard, especially when you have Pinterest to browse.
- Stand out! Chances are, you’ll get tons of compliments if you choose a unique dress. And you can probably find a cheaper dress if you go with something less traditional.
- Look for sales! I got my dress on-sale and I’m not ashamed. With the escalating costs of prom, buying an on-sale dress you’ll most likely wear once really saves money.
- Buy your dress, shoes, and/or jewelry from smaller retailers! I didn’t go to a large department store for my dress. Instead, I chose to buy it from an online shop based in Europe. I knew I’d get a low cost, something unique, as well as free shipping (I ordered my dress from ASOS, so I’m not saying every retailer will have free shipping. Also, on a side note, there were some problems with my dress not getting to my house on time. It only arrived three days late and three days before prom, but the customer service at ASOS was amazing! They even offered me 10% off my next purchase to compensate for the shipping problems).
I hope you have/had fun at your prom or special occasion!
For more of my musings, head on over to Caramel and Salt!
Hey everyone! It’s Maddie from Caramel and Salt guest posting on KatyShops’s blog. Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I went to meet photographer Theron Humphrey and his dog Maddie the Coonhound at a book signing. You might know Maddie from Maddie on Things, and Theron now has a book out documenting Maddie’s amazing balance. For those of you who don’t know Maddie, she’s an incredible dog who can stand calmly on almost anything.
Maddie and Theron traveled the country for Theron’s photo project This Wild Idea, and along the way he took photos of Maddie. These spurred a whole new life for Maddie and Theron. Now, they have a book and a new project that spreads a good message. Why We Rescue tells the story of one family in every state who has rescued a dog or dogs. I love this project because I advocate rescuing dogs over buying them from breeders or pet stores; Why We Rescue is something I really stand for.
Theron is an incredibly cool and inspirational guy who takes beautiful photos. His message of creating what you love really means something in a world full of people working for money and fame instead of doing what they love/something better.
If you want to check out more of Maddie and Theron, head on over to their websites or buy the Maddie on Things book. This book is something you’ll want to keep around and flip through time after time. And check out Maddie on Tour to see when Maddie and Theron will be in a city near you!
I have spent the last two months freezing while sitting on the bleachers to cheer Riley & her soccer team on. It has been cold, windy & wet. I vowed to get better prepared for next season. I need things to keep me warm, something to make the bleachers more butt friendly, and maybe something to carry it all in.
The first order of business is making my butt comfy. I don’t have
a lot any junk in my trunk. The bleachers feel like torture sometimes. I found this portable gel seat and was excited. Then I saw the price tag – $80! Whaaaat? I’m not sure my butt (or lack of a butt) is worth the money. Any suggestions?
Hi everyone! It’s Maddie! I took over my mom’s blog today to tell you about ModCloth and this great contest that I’ve entered. ModCloth, if you don’t already know, is this awesome website that sells clothing, housewares, and other eclectic items from indie designers, plus vintage pieces that change daily. I’ve found some of my favorite clothing pieces from this website and I’ve discovered so many new designers and fashion tips.
And now, ModCloth is holding a contest called Year of Dresses! The three winners each get one dress each month of this year, with one winner chosen by the amount of votes she receives. This is where I need your help! Please click on this link and vote for me! It takes two seconds, you don’t even have to watch the video, and you can vote once per day until January 15th. Thank you all so much for supporting me, and KatyShops should be back with her regular posts tomorrow!
Get a FREE customized calendar from Shutterfly when you use coupon code calendar2013 at checkout – Good through November 23rd. Free iTunes App: Lincoln: A Steven Spielberg Film- Discover the Story, get an 8×10 print at Walgreens ( enter coupon code: FREE2THANK at checkout and select in store pickup to make it free), free personalized phone call from Santa, free Christmas music MP3 download, free subscription to Forbes Magazine.
Free Stuff on Black Friday:
- Free goody bag with stocking stuffers for first 200 at Toys R Us
- Free Simple Delicious: The Costco Way cookbook at Costco
- Free Scratch off ticket(first 100) and Ornament at Bealls
- Free tote and $5 gift card for the first 100 at Half Price Books
- Free Button at JCPenney
- Free 20 oz coffee at Exchange Express stores until Noon
- Free $5 gift card for the first 100 at A.C. Moore
- Free Godiva Chocolate Bar for the first 100 at Michaels stores
- Free donuts and coffee at Fred Meyer stores from 5-11AM
- Free gift for the first 600 at Cabelas(either a rifle, smoker, binoculars, hoodie, or gift card)
- $10-$500 in bonus bucks at Sports Authority for the first 80
- Free Starbucks coffee and pastry at Sam’s Club
- Free coffee at Turkey Hill
- Free gift card for the first 250 at Belk
- Free Life of Pi ornament and movie ticket for the first 100 at Cost Plus World Market
- Free $10+ reward card at Shoe Carnival for the first 100
- Free Coffee at Quick Chek
Many years ago I had a car with a remote starter. I loved that feature! It was when I lived in an apartment and I could click a button from my window to warm up my car before I came down to get in it. That was heaven! Getting into a toasty car in the winter…ahhh. Remote starters are expensive to install into existing cars, but you can have the same feature with a remote controlled interior car heater. For $150 you click a button and your car starts warming up! You can even set a timer on it so it just warms up automatically. Nice!
I can’t believe a month has already passed since my family took the Listerine Sweet Smart Challenge. You can read about it here. Basically, we took on the challenge to improve our oral health during the month of October. We were trying to develop great oral habits. Here is what our goals were:
- Brush at least 2 times a day for at least 2 minutes each time.
- Floss daily.
- Rinse 2 times a day with a post brushing mouth rinse for one minute. This is the magic combo! A mouth rinse such as Listerine Smart Rinse provides 12 hours of cavity protection. And you thought it was only for fresh breath, right? This is a very important step that most adults and children skip.
How did we do? Awesome! In fact, my kids did better than the adults. They both said after a few weeks that they could really notice a difference. Maddie said that her gums didn’t bleed anymore when she flossed – yay! I actually learned in my briefing session with Listerine that teeth will stop bleeding when you floss after about 5 days of regular flossing. This was news to me…usually I stop after a few days because I feel like I need to give my teeth a break. But we kept on flossing and the bleeding stopped!
The whole family enjoyed using the Listerine rinse twice a day. It really makes your teeth feel squeaky clean! This is one habit that we are going to stick to!
Give it a try…challenge yourself to make some great changes in your oral habits. I know you won’t regret it!
Disclosure: I received products from Jonson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE SMART RINSE Sweet Smart Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
I love transitioning from Summer cooking to Fall cooking! I get to bring out all of my cold weather favorites. My usual favorites have to be hearty and definitely have to be speedy – we are very busy in the Fall. I just discovered Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauces and I am hooked! They help me get my dinner on the table super quick!
Progresso Recipe Starters sauces are available in five flavorful varieties that can each be used as a starter to create numerous home-cooked meals. For added inspiration, Progresso created 80 recipes utilizing this new line of cooking sauces that can be found on Progresso.com/RecipeStarters. Many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand.
My personal favorite is the Tetrazzini made with the Creamy Portabella Mushroom Cooking Sauce. It reminds me of the Tetrazzini that my mom used to make with our Thanksgiving leftovers. Yum!
They really are great sauces. In fact, they are inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, Recipe Starters use a variety of ingredients and the best techniques to make sure you have delicious options to take on the school days dinner dilemma.
I love them and I know you will too. You can download a coupon here for $.65 off of the flavor of your choice. Give it a try, I’m sure they will make your dinners easy & fast too!Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.